Introduction: Safety Movement and the Construction Industry
Part 1. Theories and Concepts
1. Cost of Accidents: Why Safety is Important
2. Role of Construction Personnel in Safety and Health
3. Accident Causation Theories
4. Ethics and Safety
5. Workers’ Compensation
6. OSHA Compliance
Part 2. OSHA’s Construction Standard and Related Safety Practices
7. Subparts A through E and Related Safety Practices
8. Subparts F through J and Related Safety Practices
9. Subparts K through O and Related Safety Practices
10. Subparts P through U and Related Safety Practices
11. Subparts V through Z and Related Safety Practices
Part 3. Application on the Job
12. Construction Safety and Health: Program and Policies
13. J Hazard Analysis and Construction Equipment Safety
14. Accident Investigation, Reporting, and Record Keeping
15. Emergency Response Plan
16. Total Safety Management
Part 4. Other Safety and Health Issues and Practices
17. Preventing Violence in the Workplace
18. Bloodborne Pathogens in the Workplace
19. Stress, Ergonomics, and Behavior-Based Safety
20. Environmental Safety and ISO 14000
21. Promoting Safety
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.