For undergraduate courses in business communication.
Develops Professional Communication Skills
Following in the wake of the digital revolution and the advent of social media, business communication has been hit by yet another revolutionary change: the rise of mobile communication. In this Twelfth Edition of Boveé and Thill’s Excellence in Business Communication , the most significant and recent technology-related changes affecting the business world are thoroughly discussed. Not to be forgotten, the text continues to emphasize fundamental skills and principles, including the importance of writing, listening, presenting, and other components of business communication. Featuring practical advice, time-tested processes, and real-world examples, Excellence in Business Communication is the premier text for honing and developing essential communication skills.
Also Available with MyBCommLab®
This title is also available with MyBCommLab--an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
NOTE: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyBCommLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyBCommLab search for:
0134472438 / 9780134472430 Excellence in Business Communication Plus MyBCommLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134319052 / 9780134319056 Excellence in Business Communication
- 0134390113 / 9780134390116 MyBCommLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Excellence in Business Communication
Courtland L. Bovée and John V. Thill have been leading textbook authors for more than two decades, introducing millions of students to the fields of business and business communication. Their award-winning texts are distinguished by proven pedagogical features, extensive selections of contemporary case studies, hundreds of real-life examples, engaging writing, thorough research, and the unique integration of print and electronic resources. Each new edition reflects the authors’ commitment to continuous refinement and improvement, particularly in terms of modeling the latest practices in business and the use of technology.
Professor Bovée has 22 years of teaching experience at Grossmont College in San Diego, where he has received teaching honors and was accorded that institution’s C. Allen Paul Distinguished Chair. Mr. Thill is a prominent communications consultant who has worked with organizations ranging from Fortune 500 multinationals to entrepreneurial start-ups. He formerly held positions with Pacific Bell and Texaco.
Courtland Bovée and John Thill were recently awarded proclamations from the Governor of Massachusetts for their lifelong contributions to education and for their commitment to the summer youth baseball program that is sponsored by the Boston Red Sox.
Prologue: Building a Career with Your Communication Skills
1. Professional Communication in a Digital, Social, Mobile World
2. Collaboration, Interpersonal Communication, and Business Etiquette
3. Communication Challenges in a Diverse, Global Marketplace
4. Planning Business Messages
5. Writing Business Messages
6. Completing Business Messages
7. Crafting Messages for Digital Channels
8. Writing Routine and Positive Messages
9. Writing Negative Messages
10. Writing Persuasive Messages
11. Planning Reports and Proposals
12. Writing Reports and Proposals
13. Completing Reports and Proposals
14. Designing and Delivering Business Presentations
15. Building Careers and Writing Résumés
16. Applying and Interviewing for Employment