Great depictions of normal anatomy and common pathology help guide those seeking a basic understanding of radiology especially interns and radiology residents, and non-radiology professionals desiring a concise overview of the field, such as nurse practitioners, physician assistants and primary-care physicians. Emphasis is placed on plain-film imaging with CT, MRI & Ultrasound included. Plus, there are numerous tables for typical symptoms, causes and differential diagnosis of common diseases and disorders.
New for this edition:
- Book is 4-color for first time with new anatomic variants added to each chapter
- Inside cover lists common acronyms and treatment of acute contrast media reactions
- Discussion of biopsy of thyroid nodules (procedure commonly ordered by primary-care providers)
- Expanded nuclear imaging section to include basics of PET/CT
- New chapters on radiation protection/dose reduction and medical decision-making