Introduction: Critical Friendship: Facilitating Innovative Doctoral Program Adoption; Valerie A. Storey
PART I: THEORY AND ACTION FRAMEWORK, OPPORTUNITIES AND THREATS TO THE DEVELOPING ROLE OF CRITICAL FRIENDSHIP GROUPS
1. Critical Friends: Moving beyond Mentoring; Valerie A. Storey and Brendan Richard
2. Critical Friends and the Education Community's Role in Program Development; Rosemarye T. Taylor and Nicole Lea Marsh
3. Critical Friends Groups from Afar: Can Long Distance Relationships Work?; Alisa Belzer
PART II: ROLE OF CRITICAL FRIEND GROUPS IN ED.D. PROGRAM (RE) DESIGN
4. Critical Friends' Perspectives on Problems of Practice and Inquiry in a EdD Program; Deanna Iceman Sands, Rod L. Blunck, Alan Davis, Connie L. Fulmer, Nancy L. Leech, Maria Araceli Ruiz-Primo, Nancy Shanklin, Ron Tzur, and Shelley Zion
5. CPED as an Incubator for a Clinical Practice Approach to Professional Teacher Preparation at Washington State University: Finding and Promoting Mutual Contexts of Change; Richard Sawyer
6. Growing Organically: Building on Strengths to Modernize the University of Vermont's Doctoral Education Program; Colleen T. MacKinnon
7. Redesigning Preparation Programs for Teacher Leaders and Principals; Tricia Browne-Ferrigno
PART III: APPLYING THE CRITICAL FRIEND GROUP MODEL TO THE ED.D. PROGRAM
8. Critical Friends Groups and their Roles in the Redefinition of the Online Ed.D. in Higher Education Administration at Texas Tech University; Stephanie J. Jones
9. Using a Cohort Approach to Convert Ed.D. Students into Critical Friends; Edmund T. Hamann and Susan Wunder
10. Criterion-inspired, Emergent Design in Doctoral Education: A Critical Friends Perspective; R. Martin Reardon and Charol Shakeshaft
Epilogue; Jill A. Perry and Rachael Hoffman
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.